- All patients/residents have been tested for COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2. There are a total of 0 confirmed positive cases and 10 on premises deaths. For those residents who test positive for COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 and remain clinically stable, the medical protocol will be to manage your loved one at Silvercrest. However, if symptoms worsen, such as the development of respiratory distress, hospitalization may be required.
- If a resident clinically improves, with resolution of fever, they will be retested. In order for your loved one to be considered COVID-19 recovered, they must have two negative nasopharyngeal swab results, taken at least 24 hours apart. When your loved one is considered COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 recovered, they will be relocated to another unit.
- Regardless, of a confirmed negative COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 result from the acute care hospital, all patients who are admitted to the facility will be tested for COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2 and placed on contact as well as droplet precautions to limit the spread of the virus until medically cleared.
- Active communication will continue with staff members via an improved electronic platform. You can request a tele-visit by speaking with the assigned therapeutic recreation staff member.
- The NYS Governor’s Executive Order 202.30 requires all personnel in nursing homes to be tested for COVID-19. The testing must occur twice per week for all personnel this includes contracted, direct as well as indirect patient care employees. Personnel who elect not to comply with Executive Order 202.30 will be deemed non-compliant for their annual employee health assessment and will be removed from the work schedule.
- Employees who test positive for COVID-19, as a result of nasopharyngeal swabbing will be placed off-duty, for 14 days. New Cases: As of today there are currently 0 employees who have tested positive for COVID-19.
If you have any questions email us at COVID19@silvercrest.org
We thank you for your patience during this time.