General Visitation Guidelines
Revised: March 26, 2021
Revised: June, 2021
The Silvercrest Center is committed to our mission of patient centered care and appreciate the tremendous difficulty restricted visitation has placed on resident’s and families during this pandemic. The health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees, and our communities remain a top priority at The Silvercrest Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation. We continue to stay current with all guidelines issued by the New York State Department of Health related COVID-19 and update our visiting policy as regulations change. We look forward to welcoming back visitors into our building and want to share our most recent policy changes for our information. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Visitors must undergo temperature and symptom screening upon arrival, perform hand hygiene, wear appropriate personal protective equipment and follow social distance requirements at all times.
- Visitors who are sick will not be permitted to enter the Facility; this is without exception.
- Visitors will be asked to provide ID, day and evening telephone number(s), and an email address to perform contract tracing if needed.
- We encourage visitors to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means, including Skype, FaceTime, and/or phone. Staff will assist patients if needed.
- *If a visitor does not pass the screening process or does not follow facility protocols, they will not be allowed to visit.
- One visitor per adult inpatient units on weekday (Monday through Friday) mornings and afternoons.
- Appointment necessary for visiting – please contact the social work department
- At the time the appointment is being scheduled the visitor will be educated on the visitation requirements and screening for symptoms and potential exposure to SARS-CoV-2.
- When possible, the designated visitors should remain the same for the course of the admission.
- Visit is limited to one hour by appointment
- Visitation will take place in in a well-ventilated space with individuals appropriately socially distanced and wearing a face mask.
- Indoor visitation will take place in the Main Dining Room
- Outdoor visitation will take place on the Main Dining Room’s patio
- Visitors are restricted to those areas only
- Visitation is strictly prohibited at this time for residents confined to their rooms due to transmission-based precautions.
- Current COVID-19 positive residents and residents in quarantine are not eligible for visits, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated.
- Visitation is not permitted during meal time.
- Visitation terms are subject to change based on internal clinical factors, DOH guidance, and CMS regulations and CMS COVID-19 county positivity rate.
- Indoor/Outdoor/ Compassionate Care visitation terms are subject to change based on internal clinical factors, DOH guidance, and CMS regulations and COVID-19 county positivity rate.
- The Visitation policy will remain posted on the facility’s website. In addition, changes to visitation will be communicated via the website, telephone or email.
- The facility will maintain an electronic log of all visits, screening questions asked and notation indicating the visitor cleared the screening.
- All areas used for visitation will be cleaned and disinfected after each visit using an EPA-approved disinfectant.
- Persons failing to comply with the above guidelines will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID -19 NY State declared public health emergency.