For a wide range of outpatient rehabilitative care, The Silvercrest Center provides customized rehabilitation plans, continuity of care with one-on-one sessions with a qualified therapist every time, and an interdisciplinary team strategy, all of which work cohesively together to maximize best health outcomes.
Depending on your endurance, outpatient sessions are 45 to 60 minutes long and are tailored to your doctor’s orders and your needs. We provide education to you and your loved ones who support you, including a customized home plan for you to keep up the progress and avoid re-hospitalization.
If you and your doctor opt for transitional care at home until you’re stronger, a therapist can visit you at home and will remain your therapist when you return for outpatient care. If you need assistance so that your caregivers can take a break from the daily routine, challenges and stress of caring for an ill person, we offer short-term respite care.
Silvercrest uses a comprehensive range of therapeutic exercises, gait and balance training, manual therapy, and other methods for rehabilitation of:
- Relief to joint pain from arthritis, injury and fractures.
- Tendon and ligament repairs including ACL, labral and rotator cuff repairs.
- Sport injuries including bursitis, sprains and impingement syndrome.
- Pain relief to the cervical and lumbar spine.
- Orthopedic and arthroscopic surgical interventions, including joint replacement.
- Injury prevention education.
Silvercrest will maximize your ability to perform daily tasks and provide rehabilitation for:
- Pain relief and treatment of injuries to the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand.
- Upper extremity splints and weakness due to neurological disorders and lymphedema.
- Impaired movement due to fractures or tendon injuries.
- Injury prevention training.
- Education in activities of daily living.
Speech and Swallowing
Silvercrest can help you rehabilitate from:
- Dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing).
- Aphasia (language impairment).
- Apraxia (certain motor impairment that may interfere with speech).
- Dysarthria (unclear speech).
- Cognitive communication challenges.
- SwallowSTRONG, a University of Wisconsin pilot program that supports oropharyngeal (tongue) strengthening.
Because, we work within a medical management model and have physicians and respiratory therapists on staff, even in our outpatient program, we retain a multidisciplinary and comprehensive approach to help those who struggle with chronic respiratory ailments cope at home.
For more information about outpatient and transitional care, please call 718-906-9999.