COVID-19 Update – 1/10/2022
January 10, 2022
The following units are now under observation/precautions due to positive cases and/or exposure:
- 4 North (Admission Unit)
- 5 North / 5 South (Admission Unit-Vent)
- 4 South (COVID+ Unit [Rooms 441-446, 448-451])
CONTACT PRECAUTIONS ARE NOW IN PLACE DUE TO EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
11 COVID + Residents
23 COVID + Staff Members
To aid in reducing the transmission of COVID-19, The Silvercrest Center STRONGLY advises all family and visitors to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, and, if eligible, a booster dose. Due to the recent increase in COVID cases in our Queens community, it is strongly advised that you get vaccinated and boosted AND have a negative test result 24 hours before visiting. The safety of our residents is always our first priority.
- Please do not visit if you have been exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19. Please do NOT visit the facility if you are sick.
- All visitors must perform hand hygiene and temperature screening upon entry to the building. All visitors must sign in.
- All visitors must put on a fresh mask upon entry to the building, regardless of unit or area where the visit is taking place.
- In addition to masks, visitors must wear gowns and gloves while in resident rooms only.
- Visitors must remove their gown and gloves and then wash hands or use hand sanitizer before leaving resident rooms. Masks must remain on until exiting the building.