Covid-19 Update- General Visitation Guidelines (Updated 10/02/2020)
September 16, 2020
General Visit Guidelines
Posted: September 16, 2020
The health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees, and our communities remain a top priority at The Silvercrest Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation. Therefore, in line with the latest guidelines issued by the New York State Department of Health related COVID-19, we have revised our visiting policy. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Visitors must undergo temperature and symptom screening upon arrival, perform hand hygiene and wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
- Visitors must present a verified negative test result within the last seven days of visitation; visitation will be refused if the individual fails to present a negative test result.
- Visitors who are sick will not be permitted to enter the Facility; this is without exception.
- We encourage visitors to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means, including Skype, FaceTime, and/or phone. Staff will assist patients if needed.
- *If a visitor does not pass the screening process or does not follow facility protocols, they will not be allowed to visit.
- One visitor per adult inpatient units between 10:00 am-4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Appointment necessary for visiting – please contact the social work department
- At the time the appointment is being scheduled the visitor will be educated on the visitation requirements and screening for symptoms and potential exposure.
- (Subject to change – when E.O. is suspended) Based upon Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 205, international and restricted states meet the criteria for required quarantine. Please refer to the link below for the most updated list of restricted states:
- A negative test for SARS-CoV-2 does NOT eliminate the 14-day quarantine requirement for patients or visitors.
- As per existing protocols, contact and droplet precautions should be implemented if a patient is symptomatic or if a patient is found to be SARS-CoV-2 positive.
- Visitation is limited to only 10% of the resident population at a time.
- When possible, the designated visitors should remain the same for the course of the admission.
- Visit is limited to one hour by appointment
- Visitation will take place in in a well ventilated space with no more than 10 individuals who are appropriately socially distanced and wearing a face mask or face covering.
- For non-ventilator dependent residents visitation will take place in the MDR ensuring social distancing
- For ventilator dependent residents visitation will take place in the DR on the unit
- Visitors are restricted to those areas only
- Visitation is strictly prohibited at this time for residents confined to their rooms due to infection precautions.
- Current COVID-19 positive residents, residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, and residents in a 14-day quarantine or observation period are not eligible for visits.
- Visitation is not permitted during meal time
- Visitation terms are subject to change based on internal clinical factors and DOH guidance.
- The Visitation policy will remain posted on the facility’s website. In addition changes to visitation will be communicated via the website, telephone or email.
- The facility will maintain an electronic log of all visits, screening questions asked and notation indicating the visitor cleared the screening.
- All areas used for visitation will be cleaned and disinfected after each visit using an EPA-approved disinfectant.
- Persons failing to comply with the above guidelines will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID -19 NY State declared public health emergency.
COVID-19 Public Contact email@example.com