COVID Update – 5/20/2022
May 20, 2022
The following unit is currently under observation/precautions due to positive cases and/or exposure:
- 4 South
CONTACT PRECAUTIONS ARE NOW IN PLACE DUE TO EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
3 COVID-Positive Residents
3 COVID-Positive Staff Members
To aid in reducing the transmission of COVID-19, The Silvercrest Center STRONGLY advises all family and visitors to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, and, if eligible, a booster dose. Due to the recent increase in COVID cases due to the OMICRON Variant a Negative COVID test (PCR or Rapid Test) is now required for visitation. The safety of our residents is always our first priority.
- Please do not visit if you have been exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19. Please do NOT visit the facility if you are sick.
- All visitors must perform hand hygiene and temperature screening upon entry to the building. All visitors must sign in.
- All visitors must put on a fresh mask upon entry to the building, regardless of unit or area where the visit is taking place.
- In addition to masks, visitors must wear gowns and gloves while in resident rooms only.
- Visitors must remove their gown and gloves and then wash hands or use hand sanitizer before leaving resident rooms. Masks must remain on until exiting the building.
|Queens County Positivity Rate (7-day average)||5.1%|
|Queens County Transmission Rate||HIGH|
|Healthcare Personnel who are fully COVID-vaccinated||99.2%|
|Residents who are fully COVID-vaccinated||80.8%|
|Number of days of PPE|
|N95 respirators||60 days|
|Surgical masks||60 days|