COVID Update – 12/22/2021
December 22, 2021
CONTACT PRECAUTIONS ARE NOW IN PLACE DUE TO EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
To aid in reducing the transmission of COVID-19, The Silvercrest Center STRONGLY advises all family and visitors to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, and, if eligible, a booster dose. Due to the recent increase in COVID cases in our Queens community, it is strongly advised that you get vaccinated AND have a negative test result 24 to 72 hours before visiting. The safety of our residents is always our first priority.
- Please do not visit if you have been exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- ALL visitors must perform hand hygiene and temperature screening upon entry to the building.
- All visitors must put on a fresh mask upon entry to the building, regardless of unit or area where the visit is taking place.
- In addition to masks, visitors must wear gowns and gloves while in resident rooms only.
- Visitors must remove their gown and gloves and then wash hands or use hand sanitizer before leaving resident rooms. Masks must remain on until exiting the building.
The following units are now closed due to positive cases and/or exposure:
- 5 North (reopens December 30)
- 5 South (reopens December 29)
- 4 North (reopens December 29)
- 4 South (reopens January 3)